Saturday 4 April 2015

March Favourites 2015

Hello hello.

As I have mentioned before, my absolute favourite month in the year is March (not only because it was when I was born). In Australia, March is Summer going into Autumn, and this ensures that at the very beginning we get the best of the end of the sun and the beginning of the cold. Also previously mentioned, I am not too fond of the rain and my fondness of the cold is also limited but the crispness of the morning and the warmth that comes when the day progresses is absolutely lovely. It can't get any better!

So to celebrate my favourite month, I thought I would collect some of my favourite things and share them with you. Some of these might have been mentioned in my birthday post, but only a couple maximum. Enjoy!

My family had invited guests over, and as I was being myself, I managed to break the nozzle right off the soap pump (I don't really know what you call it) so my mum drove herself nuts trying to find something that could be used as a replacement for our guests, who were arriving in no less than two and a half hours. My dad, being the lifesaver he is, dropped off my mother and me to the shopping centre on the way to the airport. My mum and I promptly went a little insane in the nice smelling section of David Jones and returned with much more than we needed. I am an avid lover of things that will make any part of my body smell nice, so when I got a hold of anything that appealed to me, I held on to it in hopes that my mum was feeling generous enough to support my loving-of-all-things-nice-smelling. Below I have attached a photo of, and given a brief description, of my top 3 body and hand soaps.
On the very left, I picked up the David Jones branded Aloe Vera Body Wash that claims to sooth and hydrate with the help of white tea and cucumber. Sooth and hydrate it does! I picked it up at first because I wanted to ask my mum whether she could smell anything (because I couldn't) and she could, so that slightly disappointed me. However, after I spent quite a while sniffing the nozzle I picked up the most subtle, crisp scent. I bought it because I hadn't ever owned a scent so pure (for lack of better word) before and I was genuinely very excited to use it. If the smell of grass just after it rained mixed with tea was a scent put into a liquid body wash, this would be it. I love it so much, and it makes me feel so especially clean.
In the middle, we have The Aromatherapy Co. Lavender and Wild Chamomile Hand and Body Wash. As you may or may not be able to tell, I have yet to open this one but how good does it sound?! I know from experience that I have a tendency to open way to many bottle at once, and never actually get around to finishing them before they start to smell a bit funky so I have to resist any temptations I have. The fact that it's a hand and body wash really intrigues me, there is a fine line between the perfect hand wash and the perfect body wash and I hope they cross into that uncharted territory.
On the right, another David Jones branded wash, this time for your hand though. This was what we offered our guests as a replacement for the broken nozzle, because we couldn't find any nice permanent fixtures, so we got a temporary replacement instead. As I am keen to both almonds and vanilla a like, this almond and vanilla hand soap instantly appealed to me. The packaging is simple, which I love, and the smell is again subtle but warm and smells like candles with a certain nutty crunchiness to them (who would've thought?)

One of my darling friends got me and it is this Strawberry scented kit from The Body Shop. Firstly can we talk about the cutesy packaging?! So cute. Although it may not look like it, I have used three out of the four products here, and the loofah still remain untouched (I love loofahs too). The shower gel (very left), body polish (middle) and the body butter (bottom right) have all served me well and have made me smell like fairies and berries. This is not a scent I would have usually approached, but I still love to try something out every once in a while. The three products I have used are super and cute and very nice smelling - I would just like to give an additional round of applause to the body polish, you make me feel happy and very satisfied with my shower.
















As for foodie favourites, my mum recently purchased this chocolates in the lead up to Easter, but I am begging to make them a permanent fixture in our pantry. These. Chocolates. That's all I have to say. I am a fan of cocoa as it is, and I am a fan of dark chocolate and these chocolate combine the sweetness of milk and the bitterness of dark perfectly into one bunny shaped chocolate blob of delish. I could eat these all day long, and not feel an ounce of guilt because they are too good. They are by Fardoulis Chocolates, a company I had never heard of prior to this chance encounter, of pure bliss. Would recommend for anyone with a massive choco tooth, you will be happily satisfied and just... happy.


This jacket had its first ever appearance in my birthday blog post where I already declared my love for it. Just like to reiterate, that this is the cosiest, comfiest jacket I have ever received. Massive love to everything and anything that has touched it, it's absolute magic. 


Although my reading has gone down, I still love a good book and 11.22.69 brought the goods. Stephen King has never really appealed to me, mainly because I get terrified very easily, and this book does take a long while to read but it is so, so interesting. The way it's told and the way the story unfolds - don't worry, I don't give away spoilers - is absolutely captivating. Anyone looking for a longer, denser read? This one's for you.


My last favourite is this journal from Kikki K. The design is so pretty and carries its way through all the pages. There are quotes and little fill in pages and it's all together just so inviting to write on. The mountains and the little fox character is just too perfect and the little elastic sign it came with that reads 'escape to the mountains' just completes the whole set up. I use it for ideas and thoughts (as it suggests I do) but also as a little daily travel log to document my days, especially in the break. Love it!

I hope you enjoyed! What have you been loving in March? 

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment