Monday 20 April 2015

Crazy Weather + Memory Card Malfunctions

Good day to you!

Unless you happen to be living in New South Wales, in which you case you will understand my immediate un-good day. Autumn is well upon us now but this weather, albeit cold and rainy, is unlike anything I remember experiencing while living in Australia! I actually wrote something about it on another of my social medias, which I will attach here:

"Also, it was a really weird experience to have my parents encourage me to stay at home rather than go to school today. Due to the absolutely ridiculous weather that Sydney is experiencing at the moment, my dad considered it stupid for me to catch at train at 6.30 for school. I decided I would not go for my first lesson but instead just catch the next train up (in an hour) but then the trains got cancelled because there was a BOAT on the tracks... Enjoying the terrifying sound of rain and winds shaking my house, accompanied by the sound of trees falling and gates being thrown open and closed. I feel like I’m living a good life compared to the poor people who had to go to uni (my brother ha) and go to work (my dad, who I felt slightly more empathy for). For those of you who went to school, I admire your commitment but question why you wouldn’t have extended your holidays by just one day. Everyone, please be safe. I’m very lucky to be at home, but for those who aren’t, please take care."
[Please ignore the change in font, I don't know what happened.]

The weather in New South Wales is destructive and dangerous. I also noted that #SydneyStorm was trending #1 worldwide on Twitter, so chances are the damage that it has done has been duly noted by many of you that are active on any other social medias. It directly affected me by stopping me from going to school, which extended my holidays, but whenever my family or friends left their house it would make me feel worried for them. The weather has said to be parallel to that of a category 1 hurricane, but that is not something we have experienced regularly at all in this part of the world. 

I am sitting on my couch writing this (while watching The Avengers) and wondering how my father's drive to work was, and how my brother is managing getting from one of his lectures to another in this torrential downpour. In addition to this, I know I'll be made to wonder even further when they make their journey back home. The fact that 2 people have already been lost to drowning does nothing to help calm my nerves, and I cannot wait for everyone to be safely back in their homes. Despite the warnings from the news and other means of communication, people are still insisting on taking unnecessary risks. This makes me feel worried for them, but also empathetic for their family and their friends - I can only imagine the stress that this would put on them. For this reason alone, I beg for people to please be safe and bring yourself back to your family. Unnecessary risks are avoidable, and what harm that could be potentially caused does not have to happen. Attached are photos from the storm. 

The remains of a house destroyed by a falling tree in Rankin Park overnight. Picture: Nei
#1
Yachts washed up on Gosford waterfront in rough seas. Picture: Mark Scott
#2
Merewether baths were not the place to be this morning. Picture: Waide Maguire
#3

#1, 2, 3 | Photo source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sydney-storms-thousands-without-power-as-rain-continues-to-lash-nsw/story-fnl2dlu7-1227312880811 
For a real life look into why I didn't go to school today, check out this video from Instagram (and from mega babe Bambi Northwood-Blythe - one of the most interesting models out there, in my opinions. Those brows though.).

Please clear up soon - I miss the sun!

However, another topic that needs addressing because it will be affecting the blog posts I make is that my memory card is not being cooperative. At least, I think it's a malfunction of my memory card. Judging by the message that comes up ('Unrecognisable Memory Card'), I would acknowledge it as a problem with the memory card. This problem is disabling me from taking any photos as the photos cannot be saved on anything. However, the memory cards that I have do not have the memory I need to take the photos I want. For now, you'll have to bear with me as I make more chatty posts, I hope you understand, and thank you. 

Bear with me, and all the writing that is to come in the near future. You guys rock. 

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment