Thursday 2 April 2015

Assessments Done + Birthdays!

Guys!

I'm so pleased to finally be able to say with no hesitation that my assessments are done with! My last one was today, and it was the last day of term and I got out of class and breathed a big sigh of relief. Now to celebrate with the holidays - oh break, I have missed you. I'm so ready for the sleep ins and the lazy days, not to mention the long showers and the late nights without the zombie mornings. No more 5.00 starts for me for the next two weeks - but I will have to eventually fall back into routine.

It's currently Autumn over here (Fall for you Americans), so the rain is beginning to kick in. Not much to worry about yet, but I'm dreading winter, when the rain comes down in unforgiving buckets. I hate rain, especially when I'm stuck at school. Everybody turns quiet, the day get stickier and ickier and it just begins to feel a little lonely. Not to mention, walking home in the rain with squelching socks and without that jumper you forgot at home is possibly the worst feeling ever! But enough about rain, I can worry about that when it comes.

My birthday this year was a bit of a milestone. I gained a lot more independence and quite a few more responsibilities! But this year it was celebrated quietly - just with a few of my closest friends and my family. As it was stuck in the middle of my exam week, I couldn't properly host a 'birthday sleepover' (a sort of ritual my friends and I share every year for my birthday) so I had to make do with a sleepover a few weeks before the exams hit. It was still fun though - I enjoy spending time alone with my closest friends.

What a birthday they hosted for me too! It wasn't big or flashy, but it was close and intimate and just right. I wanted to share what they gave to me. I'm not trying to show off, and I am ever so grateful for the time they put into choosing these presents. If you don't want to continue reading, you don't have to. Just once more, I am not trying to show off.

My parents gave me a lot to love this year. I can't express how much I love them, even when we do disagree. They spoiled me rotten and I love everything I received!

This first dress is from a brand called Lulu and Rose. It's such an elegant dress and is just a simple chiffon black with a silk underlay and a rolled collar (not like turtle neck roll, but a really flowy roll). I just love this dress! It's very easy to wear with just about anything and I can already put together multiple outfits that I could wear this with. I needed a little black dress (essential) to add to my closet and this is such a simple, elegant, chic addition. Love it!


Not entirely sure if this one counts, but I am going to add it to the presents my brother got for me. He had hidden it at the back of his closet after he bought it when he was 16 (he still fits it) claiming it was a mistake and that he couldn't believe he spent money on it when we went to America. However, he dug it out to gift me and told me to reclaim it. It's so comfy, soft, warm and durable and with skinnies and boots - I just enjoy wearing it. 


When I opened the next one my jaw hit the ground. I've been wanting a jacket/coat thing like this for absolutely ever, and this was probably the nicest one I've seen. On the inside, it's the softest fleece-y material, and the outside is just canvas material, but the fleece carries up onto the hoot where it is met with this faux fur. It's absolutely incredible! The buttons are a rusted gold, with the Mink Pink (brand it's from) logo on them and I love the two sets of drawstrings as it gives it shape when it needs to have some.



This bag is too cute! By Steve Madden, it just fits together with almost everything. The nude compliments as a neutral to almost every colour and I usually accessorise with gold anyway, so the gold fits very well. I don't know how my mum guessed I was going through an SG phase, but as this doubles as a clutch - she hit the nail on the head.


My gorgeous friends come next. They came me such a memorable low key celebration, I loved the privacy of it. Nothing schmick, but just right. 

This jumper is so cute and cosy and can be found at Ice retailers. It's a lovely dark red, plum colour and would really nice again with black jeans and some boots or some ballet flats. As I'm heading into Autumn and Winter, I'm delving deeper into my love for darker colours. Fluffy jumpers and skinnies are probably going to be my default for the colder months. Oh, and lots and lots of layering. 


This next present looks even better in real life. My close friend had recollected me saying multiple times that I had wanted a large rucksack/handbag kind of things that I could just throw everything into and run. She collected information on what kind of 'trimmings' (?) I would like and went shopping with her mum for the prefect one. Cannot thank them both enough for finding me an absolutely gorgeous bag from Ruby & Kit that does and fits everything I want it too. I took it out for dinner the night I was gifted it and one of my family friends loved the size and look of it so much (she saw I could even fit my laptop in there!) that she declared we had to go buy one for her own daughter. It's everything I need in a bag and I still love the simplicity. 












The next present I was given to me by my darling friend and she had put together multiple things because the one thing she had wanted to give me had been not in the correct size. On the left of the below picture is such a gorgeous card, I showed my mum and she started smiling so hard because that's exactly what my pup used to look like when he was still a baby (he still is, just a larger baby). She also gave me lots of chocolates in that cutesy jar with the black ribbon and this absolutely beautiful gem stone. It reflects the most stunning colours when held in the light. On top of all this she gave me a $25 voucher for one of our absolute favourite store which we both adore. Each individual gift was divine and put together I could hardly control my emotions (later blamed in on my raging hormones).


My next present was given to me by my dear Guppie (there's a story behind that one) who made this book into something completely different. In fear of getting caught out and someone who doesn't know what's in it to find what's in it, I will not reveal too much information. Just the book is not what it seems to be and its contents are not to be disclosed.

So as not to be forgotten, one of my friends also gave me these (along with the red jumper). These statement rings are both elegant and a little bad ass, but absolutely gorgeous. The gold fits, and I've been wanting to get something like these for only a little while - it was like she read my mind!

Not listening to my refusal, even more friends are giving me presents. Thank you all so much (if you do see this) - I love you all and I really do appreciate the thought that went into these presents. Again, this is not me trying to show off and I would thank you if you would respect that. I'll be seeing you more often now I have more time. It was lovely to catch up - tell me what you have on your wish list for your birthday/Christmas.

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment