Thursday 18 June 2015

Crazy About Stripes!

Hello guys!

So I haven't really shared anything fashion related on this site with you yet, and believe me when I say that there is quite a lot to share. Although my closet is not vast and expansive, as I am struggling with the budget of a student, I am still working my way to creating my own style. My parents, of course, instantly would look at an ensemble I might've put together at some point and cringe (bless them for saving me months of embarrassment and regret), but it gave me a lot of satisfaction when I put together an outfit that I got a nod of approval to.

One 'trend' that I, unintentionally, can't get away from are stripes. Striped anything, really, but predominantly tops. The thing is, I won't go out and look for a striped top to purchase - I just seem to have an appeal for them. It's even got to the point where I've had to tell my friends to take any striped items out of my hands if I ever get my clutches on them. They just seem like an easy, essential and casual item - don't they? Or is that just me?

Either way, we always seem to end up together. Instead of ignoring this trend, I have decided to embrace it by taking style inspiration for the (many) striped tops I own. So here goes nothing, stripe-y looks I love:


Alexa Chung

Here we have ULTIMATE girl crush and style inspiration Alexa Chung looking impeccable.

Rihanna

Candice Swanepoel

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley


Miranda Kerr


Naomi Watts

Olivia Parmelo
Adore this look worn by Olivia Parmelo. Where can I find this cardigan?! LOVE.

Jourdan Dunn
Emma Stone

Now to the queen of stripes herself. I've always been a major fan of all Karlie Kloss does, and she was mentioned in one of my very early posts. I think she is the most relatable and easy to like of the mainstream models in our commercial world today. When she wants to be casual, she's effortlessly chic. When she wants to be formal, she looks absolutely stunning (literally). Anyway, it gives me great pleasure to adorn you with these pictures, which are the outfits I attempt to recreate whenever I wear stripes. Which is, quite often.








Although not personal, I just thought it was a nice way to introduce you to a very small aspect of my style. If you liked it, let me know. Are you a stripy or dotty person?

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment