Friday 24 July 2015

Suki Waterhouse Style

If there's one person I can always rely on to dress in something that will always slightly amaze/surprise/excite me, it's Suki Waterhouse. With her memorable style and my impressionable mind, it's easy to see why I was in awe when I first was exposed to all aspects of her style. Here I have compiled a short, sweet list of some of my favourite of her outfits or her looks, and a few of the ones that made me 'ooh' and 'ah' in amazement. Keep in mind, Waterhouse is definitely not my favourite (style) icon, I just am constantly excited to see what she'll put out of her hat next, and a few of those times, I have been delighted with what I saw. Also, for future reference, I do think Waterhouse is astoundingly beautiful, and some of these looks I would never even attempt to pull off because she has one of those styles that is the embodiment of uniquely cool, meaning that she's probably the only person who can pull off her style with high satisfaction (see: Kate Moss).

I mean, starting with her off-duty model looks, can we just admire how cool (for lack of better word) she is. Her hair, her make up, and she's possibly the only person I've seen that's ever had such a happy person in the background of their photo. That would probably be me if I ever got to stand in her presence - note the way she's smiling adoringly at the clothes rather than anything else. A lot of things here probably shouldn't work - the suit with the bag with the shoes - but somehow, in some realm of unfair-ness, Suki Waterhouse was blessed with the ability to wear and pull anything off. I absolutely adore her fringe (Americans, see 'bangs') and the colouring of her hair, as well as her characteristic natural make up and her solemn expression. Nothing looked this good in a horizontally striped suit, and although she doesn't show it, I am loving every stripe.


Moving onto these casual outfits, I'm again reminded of how I'm constantly surprised by what she's wearing. These ensembles almost seems tame in comparison to some of the others she's managed to throw together and I want every item she wears in these, including the suitcase. Can we also take note of her composure, when there's seems to be quite a few cameramen present. I love everything about these outfits, although white shoes have never been a good idea for me.


Next, moving onto some of the more formal and quite special looks she's pulled together, the following has got to be one of my favourites. That dress is so magical, and her hair and makeup, although some would call it dishevelled and unruly, I think completes her whole look. With her hands encompassing her slim waist and the dress falling neatly the rest of the way down, I imagine this dress to be in some way an interpretation of a modern day princess. With much more intrigue and passion in the way she carries herself and looks. I love this gown, and want it, with nowhere to wear it.


The next two outfits are more characteristic to the red carpet, but really caught my attention because of the similar looking trench coats she seems to be sporting. As a lover of coats, I find the fact that she can turn something so ordinary into a whimsical and essential looking accessory, fascinating. In both outfits, the sets would have appeared complete, but the addition of the coat adds that extra flavour that Waterhouse needed to make the outfits her own. Something I admire about her a lot! Both the ensembles under the outfits seem to have also won me over. I remember the initial awe I had when seeing the suit she wore to Cara Delevingne's Mulberry launch. I love a lot about both outfits below, but her curly turn wavy hair and distinct brows really set off this look for me into something truly her. 








The next two outfits really surprised me. Not because they weren't something I could've ever imagined her wearing, or anything like that, but rather because they really showed me her ability to wear things so diverse and pull them off. The photo of her in a gown shows a much more innocent, young Waterhouse, with her bright eyes and sweet smile. Her gown, of course, is breath taking, and seems to be tailored to fit her slender frame. I love the addition of the bold, thick silver belt as it really broke up the metallic material the rest of the gown was made of. The photo on the left shows us another side to Waterhouse which we are not always allowed to be exposed to. She looks absolutely beautiful. Her hair, her dress, her makeup, her shoes, her nails, her coat - timeless. I don't think I've ever seen someone so different dressed up so classic, and I love it.

.























The next two outfits, I thought of pairing up simply because of their notable similar designs. The tulle skirt - am I a fan? Heck yes. I don't think anyone could pull off these particular designs with as much ease and elegance that Waterhouse manages to. Waterhouse looks ethereal in the pretty green dress with the tiered green colour effect. I love how innocent she looks, I love how magic she looks. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I haven't imagined this being a very cute elf/Tinkerbell outfit. I don't really feel the need to explain why I'm awestruck with the photo on the right. Wow, just... Wow. Look at her and stare. Given my similar slender frame and small bust, if I ever had the opportunity to go out and walk the red carpet someday, I know exactly who I would want to aspire to look like (as well as some input by Ms. Chung). I love everything about this look!























I hope you guys were also quite amazed by this young lady's ability to dress just as I was. Definitely not my own style inspiration, but I am impressed all the same by how different, and likeable, she is as a personality. Keep doing what you're doing!

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment