Monday 29 June 2015

Vivid Festival Sydney 2015

Hello powerful people, 

I know, I know. If you knew or you did a little light reading you would know that Vivid Sydney ran from the 22nd of May to the 8th of June this year. So you might be asking, as would be expected, why I'm so late in sharing any kind of experience with you. Well, you see, the following shots were taken on my dad's fancy DSLR camera, and so I was restricted by this information. To gain access to these pictures, I had to be patient and wait until my dad was willing to surrender his SD card to me. Ever since the Memory Card Incident, my dad has been excessively possessive about any property of his that I might be able to erase or damage, which isn't as funny as he thinks it is. In my defence though, I was in possession of the camera most of the night anyway, so you'd think he would've been more careful with that. 

Back on topic, however, the Vivid festival is a major winter festival, predominantly based in the Sydney CBD which intersects art, commerce and technology. It is known as an 18 day celebration of lights, music and ideas. Unfortunately for me, this year, my family and I decided quite last minute to drive to Sydney and see this annual spectacle. This resulted in us only being able to see the very shallow layer of the festival. Had we planned in advance, we could have had the opportunity to witness many more creative performances and showcases. 

This shot was taken behind the Martin Place cenotaph, which I unfortunately did not get a good shot of. We did gain access to the Canon booth at the event, and the lovely people working there offered to print out a poster size print of one of our photos for no charge. My dad elected the following photo and it is now in the common study room. Rest assured that everything that was offered to the general public, in Martin Place, we took advantage of.


The following photo is of some interactive displays that were set up. If you squint enough, you will be able to see some kids and people touching the lit up bubbles. When you touched these, a sound erupted from the speakers. In effect, these bubbles enabled the general public to be connected through their creation of sound and music. Utterly romantic, exempt the children.


The following series of photos is of the same building, through its pattern of designs. During this pattern, I managed to throw a strop and left my family to do my own thing, so all credit of these photos go to my father. These were taken at the fitting Museum of Contemporary Art, and are possibly my favourite reminders of just how breath taking the night was. It was also the host of the necessary overpriced cafe that every event has to have, so kudos for that pretty building.





Some fleeting moments of the ever changing, comic displays of art displayed on the Sydney Opera House.




This following shot is just of the Circular Quay. Although not impressive, I just wanted to show you guys a generalised photo of how many of the building (and boats) were also lit up. 


Oh how I wish I had gone to Carriageworks. It hosted most of the music side of the displays and other people shots of it looked flawless. Now I may have also visited Argyle Cut, or I could be getting that mixed up with Sydney Festival. Either way, the night and the sights were beautiful. 

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment