Monday 15 September 2014

Karlie Kookies

Hello friends, 

As you'll soon find out I love experimenting in the kitchen. So when I found out that Karlie Kloss, one of my many inspirations, had made a cookie recipe to raise money and food for hungry children all over the world, you could imagine my eagerness. Once discovering this I made a beeline to try and find a recipe and stumbled across Jourdan Dunn's, another one of my favourite peoples, cooking show. Coincidentally, Kloss and Dunn happen to be great friends and had made a meal together and had included a visual recipe of these Karlie Kookies. 

From the beginning, I had high hopes - I was not disappointed. When I first found the recipe, I had no idea that my brother was soon to be diagnosed with Coeliac disease, which would mean that gluten would not be an option in his diet anymore. As soon as this became known to my family however, my mother had a mental break down, trashing everything in our pantry that contained the faintest hint of anything gluten related. Much to my relief, my father stopped her before she could make an advance on my food. Since then all four of us have been scanning the web, reading books, asking friends for any tips and tricks on how to maintain a healthy, satisfying and fulfilling diet while avoiding gluten. 

So when I found out that these cookies were also gluten free, I was over the moon. And they tasted like bliss. 

KARLIE KOOKIES

2 cups almond flour/meal
1 cup rolled oats (gluten free, but normal works just as well)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
1/2 cup olive oil 
1/4 cup agave syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla (or extract)
3/4 - 1 cup of dark chocolate 
1/4 cup slivered almonds (lightly toasted adds even more flavour) 

Mix all dry ingredients together and then add the oil, agave and vanilla. 
6 - 8 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 162 degrees Celsius.

Enjoy, easy as that.  





Much love, 


Duchess


No comments:

Post a Comment