Saturday 16 May 2015

Restaurant Review: Olive Bar and Grill

What's up guys?

Photos are back! I couldn't be happier, apart from the fact that this isn't going to be the best content. I know I shouldn't be admitting that to you (Blogger rules somewhere) but I knew from the beginning this would be a little disappointing. I'm just getting some ideas for some nice image based content and a little restaurant review seemed like a safe place to start.

Before I go any further, you should know I love food. I'm not picky or fussy and I will eat what's given to me. I guess that last part was influenced by my parents. They both came from middle class families but in India, where they were both born, you had to eat what was given to you. If you didn't, or you complained, or you stated that you didn't like something it was considered rude, and honestly, no one cared. As my mum used to tell me when I was younger and refused to eat something, 'All you have is what's on your plate.' So thanks mum, for your deep, thoughtful words.

Enough with the side tracking, and the short trip down memory lane. What I had meant to be getting at was that one of my one true loves is definitely food. Any cuisine. Any time. So when my friends and I arranged to go out for brunch as a date, to a restaurant I had never been to before, you can only imagine how eager I was. Originally, I was meant to have decided the place we were to go to and how to get there, but due to my un-punctuality, we ended up going to a restaurant we had short listed as a 'back up'.

We strolled up to the restaurant, knowing it was small, but also expecting the rather large crowd as it was located very neatly. Much to our happiness, they told us that they did have a free table, as we had not thought to have called before to book a table. We were seated next to the front window, were we could look out into the street and people-watch. It was quite lovely. We were given adequate time to decide on what we wanted and the service was very quick.

As soon as I saw the all day breakfast, I knew I was won over.

The lady who took our order was very nice, albeit hard to understand over the crowd and her quiet voice. She didn't treat us like a group of girlfriends who had just come out to have a nice time and chat, but rather as she would've any other customer. It really disappoints me when I get treated in an inferior manner just because I might be the youngest one in any sort of establishment; we are all potential paying customers.

Anyway, we had our orders taken and we chatted for about 15 minutes - in which time my friend realised she didn't have any cash on her, told us she'd be back as soon as she'd withdrawn from an ATM, got promptly lost, my friend went to find her, my first friend returned, and then my friend and I went out to find her. It was quite a hectic quarter of an hour. When our food came to the table, what with one of my friends and I having ordered two breakfast meals and deciding to split them, and my other two friends having gone for wraps - I was thrilled with how it all looked. The wraps were simple but looked delicious, and our breakfast looked yum too.

Please excuse the fact that I don't remember what exactly my friends had in their wraps, and also their grotesque hand gestures (tut tut, my friend). I do remember having a taste of both, and enjoying what I tasted. The salad was a little bland but was a nice cleanse to the palate after the wrap itself.





My, my. Here comes the breakfast. We ordered pancakes with blueberries and French toast. We received blueberries with pancakes and lots of maple syrup, banana, and toast. I find it a shame to say that the breakfasts actually looked better than they tasted. The pancakes were a little tough and chewy (but, I mean, they're pancakes, so I ate them), but the French toast was nice. I regret not picking a lunch meal though. The ice cream was a nice touch, but everything was a little too sweet for me because I'm a savoury kind of person.



Would I recommend? Yes, for the lovely service and delicious looking day time menus. I would recommend eating savoury though, and enjoying the quick foods (i.e. wraps, burgers). It is a grill after all.

What do you like to when spending time with friends?

Much love,

Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment